Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jesus in our Darkest Hour

Jesus in the Darkest Hour

Our dreams our broken, our hopes have gone.
After every dark night, there rises a dawn.

It's strange to see life in its web,
Coming and going like the tide in ebb.

No promises of what the future may hold,
Except the love that our Savior does hold.

Hard to fathom and hard to see,
The future's clouded, how can it be.

Lives so precious, so tiny, so pure,
Lord, hold me, assure me, give strength to endure.

The pain is real, it builds inside,
Comfort and compassion in You do reside.

Heaven welcomed you where our Lord is praying,
I'll see you again, for eternity, I'll be staying.

From those dark moments that forever remain,
I am thankful dear Lord, that you know me by name.

You are mysterious, but Your ways are divine,
I am thankful that I am Yours, and You are mine.


(Written for B & A Pierce, on the passing of Samuel and Caleb, March 2008)

2 Comments:

Blogger Funky Cold Medinas said...

That was beautiful.

6:23 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

A promise of Scripture to go with your beautiful poem and to comfort us in our times of mourning.

"I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard no more. Never again will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years." Isaiah 65:19-20

6:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home